Sunday, August 23, 2009

makeup essentials


It was a rainy day here in D.C. today. After a long run and doing loads of laundry I felt so lazy and stayed at home the rest of the day. I started doing a lot of little projects I had been wanting to get done for awhile, one of them being cleaning out my bedroom dresser drawers and my makeup. Oh how I love makeup! I have a train case full of makeup. The funny thing is that every day when I get ready in the morning I open the case and I see the bright green shadows and the sparkles and the blues, and recently I go to the same items. Today I decided to throw out a lot of stuff. Seriously, was I ever going to wear the Clinique lilac colored eyeshadow that I bought at the bookstore at Syracuse, no and I probably shouldn't since its at least 6 years old!

During my whole clean out process I realized, wow, I have a lot of essentials. I have a lot of "I can't live without this product" products. You know how in magazines celebrities will always be asked, "What is the one beauty product you couldn't live without? one!". Ummmmm, I have about 10. I wish I could say I was one of those girls that really just swipes a little mascara on, lip gloss, blush and I'm out the door, but I would TOTALLLY be lying. Recently when I was getting ready Beau asked me, "Don't you ever get sick of putting all that stuff on?". haha, no. I mean I guess so, but now I think it is essential. So here you go. My daily products, the ones I can't live without, what is in my make up bag....



3. Bobbi Brown Concealer Kit (yes, I use the powder after the creamy concealer, it totally helps it not crease and stay)

4. Bobbi Brown Blush in Peony - The color is really bright pink in the container. I was a bit
scared of it, but it is the perfect pink, not bright.


6. Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer - You can buy this in the U.S., completely. However I bought at the Guerlain store in Paris and I always remember it was such a process. They called for it sent it up this little side elevator, all for a bronzer. Maybe that is why I love it so much!
Good memories, no, really its great!

7. Cover Girl Lash Blast Waterproof in Black - I have tried out a lot of mascaras. This is my favorite. Why spend so much money on designer mascara when you should get a new one every few months? Yep, this is one product I do actually throw away often and get a new one because my eyes get so sensitive.

8. F.Y....Eye by Benefit - Obsessed. I put this on before my eye shadow and my eye shadow will
not crease! A complete must.

9. NARS Bellissima Eye Duo Shadows or Pandora (when I want a smokey look)


11. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner and Slanted Brush (from Target) - I use to be a pencil girl but now I am addicted to the gel liner with brush. Maybe this is my can't live without.


13. Clinique Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick in Bamboo Pink - I have been wearing this since college but I still totally love it and always go back to it.

14. Lip gloss Lip gloss Lip gloss - I can't really say which one, I have a bag of lip glosses on my dresser. Bobbi Brown, Dior, Mark, Covergirl, Bonne Belle, everything. Getting a new lip gloss is so addicting to me, a must, a gloss.

That's me, that is my face. I think I might cut down the products in the hot humid Florida weather, but for now, this is what is in my bag. Anybody have any favorites, send them along!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...