Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I love DC - #5


Brunch! Ok, so I guess brunch is something I love in NYC, Florida, DC, Paris, Cleveland, London....anywhere. I LOVE brunch! Love it. Brunch is a great way to get together with friends during the weekend and drinks lots of coffee, catch up and eat yummy omelette's and croissants. So in a dedication to my "I Love DC" posts, here are some of my favorite places to enjoy my favorite meal of the week, brunch! My favorite places to drink lots of coffee and chat with friends.

1. Le Pain Quotidien - I know that Le Pain is a chain, however I love it. I remember the first time I went here was in NYC city when I was an intern and Sofia Coppola was sitting at the table next to me. I thought, hello this must be cool and chic if she is here. haha. I love the Georgetown location because the backyard patio is so quaint and a great outside location in the middle of the city. The omelet with asparagus and goat cheese is a fav and I have to say, the bread basket with the praline spread and jam is oh so yummy. I have spent many mornings here drinking lattes straight from the little late bowls. 2815 M Street, NW

2. Tabard Inn - Tabard Inn is a 90 year old inn, quaint and charming in the middle of downtown DC. It is a great little place in the winter to feel cozy and warm by the fireplace OR in the summer the outside garden is charming as well. The restaurant is always booked for brunch so make a reservation. I was a little questionable the first time I went and walked through the dark teeny library, but now I LOVE. The menu changes seasonally but the mimosas, homemade donuts and quiches always stay the same. I love the quiche with corn, crab and cheese but the Eggs Benedict are also raved about. 1739 N Street, NW

3. Cafe Bonaparte - ooooo, I LOVE this place. The first time I walked in to this little (yes, teeny tiny) cafe in upper Georgetown....I fell in Love. The crepes and cafe au laits are so wonderful, you feel like you are in France. The savory and the sweet crepes are yummy. The red awning outside of the cafe always has a line out the door on Saturday mornings. I truly believe its worth the wait and the crowded room. It is also a wonderful romantic place at night:)
1522 Wisconsin Ave, NW

4. The Roof Terrace Restaurant - I think this place holds a special place in my heart because I remember being an intern here and bringing my mom and sister here for brunch. The brunch is in the kitchen so it's pretty neat. You actually walk through the kitchen to get your food, neat. It is a great place to bring visitors from out of town because it has a beautiful view of the Capitol. 2700 F Street, NW @ the Kennedy Center

5. Blue Duck Tavern - Located in the Park Hyatt, this restaurant I love. I would describe the decor as a chic New England tavern. Wooden rocking chairs in front of glass walls. When you walk in the open pastry kitchen that is in front of you makes you mentally note to order the homemade apple pie at the end of your meal. The cheese grits to share are an absolute MUST! 1221 24th Street, NW

6. Open City - This casual cafe is in Woodley Park. It reminds me a Central Perk, the neighborhood place where everybody hangs out. Beau and I use to go here maybe twice a week before work for morning breakfasts, because it was so great. Good food, fast service, not expensive, love it. OC is owned by the same people who own the Diner, the 24 hours Adams Morgan dive. Even better!
2331 Calvert Street, NW

Make your plans for the weekend now and head out for brunch! These are a few of my favs, but there are MANY more. Please sure yours. I hope these ideas helped!


xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...