Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Love DC - #6



After a long 11 days at work, late nights, lots of stress, big events, it all ended well. I have been really glad to have the weekend at home with no plans. Today I spent the whole day in my apartment cleaning, cooking and organizing. I ran a few errands in my neighborhood, pedi mani at my local nail place, coffee at the local Firehook and groceries up the street. It was a dreary day, but the leaves were colorful and bright and I enjoyed walking around my neighborhood with nothing planned for the day, little stress and enjoying "my home".

I love the area I live in! DC has a lot of different neighborhoods: Georgetown, Dupont, Adams Morgan, Woodley Park...I live in Cleveland Park. I have lived here for about 5 years. I moved into my old apartment building with a roommate on the 3rd floor and two years ago I moved out into my own place right downstairs to the 2nd Floor. Since I sold my car a couple of years ago I find myself hanging out in my area even more. There are great restaurants and bars right down the street from me. In the middle of the city Cleveland Park is a little place of its own that I have really come to love. Here are a few of my favorite places in the Connecticut Avenue area.

1. Indique - I have become to love this Indian restaurant! For take out or for dinner at the restaurant, it is not too expensive, the food is always great and the place is always busy. Yummy warm naan bread with al of the sauces, I want some now!

2. Yogiberry - New York has Pinkberry & Taste D-Lite. DC has caught on to the craze of frozen yogurt shops also. This past year Yogiberry opened up and as a treat I love the original or green tea with berries and fruity pebbles on top. yum!

3. Cleveland Park Day Spa - nothing fancy, but they can always fit me. $40- for a pedicure manicure and I can walk home after, perfect. You can't beat it.

4. Bardeo - Oh I truly love this place! It is a great place to meet friends out and taste the wine flights or wines by the glass. Monthly they have awesome wine tastings that are such a steal, $25. I think I frequent here about once a week. I will miss this place!

5. Uptown Movie Theatre - The one screen theatre can seat over 800 guests. I love sitting in the balcony, it makes me feel like I'm watching a big production. A lot of movie premieres take place here, the other night when I was on my way home I saw the new Michael Moore movie opening there. I already have my ticket to see New Moon there next weekend. I CAN'T WAIT!

6. Sorriso - Want a yummy thin crust Neapolitan Pizza? Sorriso is a great family run Italian restaurant right off the metro. It is cozy and always full. The owners are always there, sometimes it makes you feel like you are eating in their home.

I really love this place.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...