Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years ago

I remember where I was on ten years ago this morning, September 11, 2001. I was a Junior at Syracuse University leaving an early 8:30am class. I can remember walking through campus after class and it was eery and quite. As I walked up to my sorority house and saw a few girls looking stressed trying to reach people on their cellphones and then entered the house to see everybody watching the awful news of what happened on tv I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I remember attending a vigil at church the next evening and it was sad. We were only college students but we had never dealt with any major war or incident as what had happened that morning.

I think we all remember where we were that morning. Even though I didn't nobody who passed away that day I remember hearing the stories of people at school, a school that had so many students from the Manhattan area and how they had been affected. I remember going to study abroad the next semester in London and having such a strong feeling of American pride and as well, being a little nervous of showing our American pride. Things really changed that day in the world, it was scary, lots was unknown.

Today I said a little prayer in hope that our world will be more peaceful. That my children won't have to live through something like this ever ever ever. Say a little prayer, take a minute, think of all those who were affected by that quite morning on September 11, 2011.

xoxo~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...