Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holiday Gift Guide: The Hostess

It is the holiday season! That time of year when you get invited over to friends houses for cocktails and I always think, I need to bring something. Here are a few of my ideas for fabulous hostess gifts, from a little more expensive items for your mom who is hosting the Holidays or your friend who invited you over for cocktails and cookies {sounds like the perfect match!}.

Last year I hosted my family for Christmas and we can never use enough Coffee! Starbucks Christmas blend in a little basket with some homemade Christmas cookies! I also love everything Mrs. Meyers brand! The seasonal Gingerbread hand soap is a cute hostess gift added into a basket.

Pencil Shavings Studio makes these adorable lucite trays which I would be ecstatic to receive as a hostess! The perfect tray to serve holiday cocktails on. And who doesn't need more hand towels during the holidays, how about one with a gnome:) Find it on Etsy from Moxie Madness.

Hands down, my all time favorite holiday candle is the Voluspa Frost Pinecone. When it is lit you feel like you have a Christmas tree in your house even if your tree is artificial and silver. This 2012 Buy Local Kitchen Calendar would be a fun item for your cooking friend! Find it on Etsy by Claudia Pearson.
Two fun and never expected hostess gifts from Anthropologie: The Farmers Egg Crate and these fun vases, especially one that says "Let them Eat Cake".
The Queen of Entertaining, Martha Stewart, came out with a new book this year "Martha's Entertaining: A Year of Celebration" and I think this book with a big red ribbon would be a fabulous hostess gift to your girlfriend who loves to entertain! And last, Fran's chocolates, based in Seattle. I may need my sister to ship me a box of these salted caramels, because they are AMAZING! My family always makes big cookie trays on Christmas and these would make a nice addition to the tray.

I hope you like my ideas! It is still always fun to bring a nice arrangement of flowers {already cut and in a vase, because really, a hostess doesn't have time} or a nice bottle of bubbly! But if you are looking for something fun and different to bring I hope you like my thoughts. Cheers! Happy Holidays!

xoxo~Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...