Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Brides Magazine

I am so that girl that has been reading wedding magazines since college, OK, maybe high school, I'm not quite sure! I have never had a subscription to Brides magazine but when I noticed recently that Brides received a little face lift I went out and purchased a copy. I sat down with a cup of coffee and was really happy with the changes that they have put together. Even from the cover you can tell the magazine is a little more modern and inspiring!


One of of my favorite articles in the new magazine is the Color Scheming article that Amanda from Ruffled Blog put together. A wedding full of aqua, lemon and ivory is quite lovely! I think it is always fun to see an inspiration pieced together from areas around web that couples could realistically use. 




The fashion spread on pastel confection dresses was a huge love for me! Let's be honest, I think I may wear a pale pink wedding dress some day! Isn't this Angel Sanchez mermaid gown stunning in its sugary pinkness!



You know I am a huge fan of David Stark and his ridiculously creative events he designs! He wrote the perfect think about personalizing weddings. He said that peppering special things throughout your wedding shouldn't be overkill. It's not about putting a monogram on everything! That starts getting to be corporate looking. It is about doing just a few things right. I can't agree more! We live in a world right now full of blogs, magazines, TV shows about weddings, brides get overwhelmed. Thank you to Brides for sharing this article! 




Go out and pick up the latest copy of Brides! I think it is a great resource for your upcoming wedding. 

xoxo~Becca

2 comments:

  1. Great post and happy to see the updated Brides.

    When I was planning my wedding, I devoured every and all things wedding. Blogs... mags... TLC wedding shows (gypsy and otherwise). At the end of the day, I got a little overloaded with trying to make my special day "photo/blog perfect." In hindsight, this was crazy! But at the time, it seemed bride sane (a very different thing than truly sane).

    But still, I love all things wedding. Just have to remember to be true to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dresses are just like beautiful dresses.. I'm speachlesss.. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...