Friday, June 8, 2012

Happy Hour!: Basil Lime Gimlet

In the mood for a refreshing Summer cocktail today? 
I'm a little addicted to my new favorite, the Basil Gimlet. 


Last week I was staring at at the pretty bottle of Hendricks on our bar and contemplating making a regular old Gin & Tonic. Since I have been working from home, I see my laptop clock strike 5:00pm and I'm in Happy Hour mood. I'm a huge fan of adding herbs in cocktails {Rosemary Lemonade, Basil Margaritas, delish!}, so after browsing around a few minutes online I created my own little cocktail and fell in love. 



             
  • Ingredients: 
  • 1 cup sugar
  • large bunch basil, coarsely chopped {a few leaves whole for garnish}
  • Ice
  • 6 tablespoons gin
  • 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice 
  • Lime Slice for Garnish 
Directions: 
  1. 1. To make basil simple syrup: In a medium saucepan combine sugar, 3/4 cup water.
  2. 2. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. 
  3. 3. Once the sugar is dissolved completely, remove from heat and let cool completely, 
  4. 4. Place the basil in a bowl with syrup and allow to steep for 20 to 30 minutes, then strain.  (You should have enough syrup for 4 drinks. Syrup can stay in fridge for up to 6 months.)
  5. 5. Fill shaker ice, 3 tbsp. gin, 4 tbsp. basil syrup, and 2 tbsp. lime juice. SHAKE! 
  6. 6. Strain into rocks glass, garnished with basil leave and lime. 
  7. 7. Enjoy outside on a Summer night! 


Cheers! Happy Friday! xoxo~ Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...