Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Travel Diary: A trip to the Keukenhof

I have been lucky to travel to Holland a few times now with Beau to visit his family. Last month when we went to Europe for 12 days my two requests were: a day in Amsterdam alone and..... can we see the tulip fields? So Beau's friend John dropped us off one early chilly morning to the Keukenhof. The Keukenhof is a tourist attraction in Holland that is open for only a couple of months during the year. I didn't care about the bus loads of tourists entering, I wanted to run through the tulips and they wouldn't stop me. 

 Unfortunately we visited Keukenhof at the end of the season. The fields of flowers outside of the park were not in bloom. I could imagine what the rainbow like fields would have looked like {see the postcard below, yes that is real}, however, inside the park, the amount of gorgeous blooms was beautiful! 
 Colorful tulips everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE! I couldn't help snapping photos on my iPhone and my camera, who knows when I will be back! 
 Not only are there tulips, there was an entire house of orchids, sigh, love these! 
 There are 79 acres with over 100 varieties of tulips at the Keukenhof. For a flower lover like me, this was a beautiful fabulous trip! 


Holland really is the land of TULIPS! We may have been in the park, but I didn't let my dream of frolicking through the tulip fields stop me. 

xoxo~Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...