Monday, July 16, 2012

Hey Florida Girls: Canine Beach

A few weeks ago Beau and I made our first trip to the Fort Lauderdale Canine Beach with Oliver and it was TOO cute! I do not know why we had not visited there before, we have been here for two years. Oliver was swimming away in the Atlantic Ocean like a pro. He was not a huge fan of jumping in by himself, but once Beau swam in, he was excited to chase him. It was pretty comical to see the other dogs running around in the beach, I felt like I was in a scene out of Marly and Me. Remember that one with Owen Wilson and Marly? 


If you have a puppy you have to get down there one evening. The beach is located on A1A at Sunrise Boulevard. Friday, Saturday and Sunday only from 5pm to 9pm in the Summer and 3pm to 7pm in the Winter. You can either buy a $30 annual permit if you are a Fort Lauderdale resident {highly recommended} or for $7 a one time permit per dog. If you are going this way bring some spare change, they make you pay at a parking meter! 


I can't WAIT to get back to the beach with my buddy to swim with him next weekend. Here is a little video taken with my favorite APP thank you to Sarah for introducing me. Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...