Thursday, July 5, 2012

Rebecca's Recipes: Olive Oil Cake

A few years ago my sister Katie shared this recipe with me and told me how simple and delicious it was, the perfect cake to make when guests are coming over. Well she was right, a few years later and I am still baking it for an easy sweet to have when company arrives. I made it here when my college Besties visited and I have made for several occasions since. It is a very easy cake to bake and lovely to have around the house to have a slice throughout the week with coffee after your guests leave. It also helps that your house will smell delicious afterwards!



Torta di olio di oliva - Servings: 12 ~ Recipe from my sister's blog here 


3 eggs

1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cups flour
pinch salt
1 orange, zested and juiced
1/2 cup pignolia, pine nuts
4 tbsp sugar, to top

Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a nine inch cake pan.Mix together all of the dry ingredients.In a large bowl, whisk eggs and 1 cup of sugar. Add olive oil, milk, juice and zest. Mix well. Add the dry ingredients and stir until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and top with pine nuts and remaining 1/4 cup of sugar. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.



The cake is so moist and slightly sweet from the orange juice and especially a good quality olive oil. 


Beau LOVES this cake! A big favorite in our house. Let me know how you like it! Happy Baking! 

xoxo~Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...