Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Day USA!

Even though I am MILES away from Washington today I woke up and was excited to see all of the inauguration festivities on TV. I think that for the rest of my life, every Inauguration Day that comes up I will remember standing on the Mall, behind the Washington Monument with my sisters and listening to Obama's speech, it was a lifetime moment for sure! Today I have invited a small group of expats over for American food {sliders, bbq chicken, cherry blossom cocktails!} to celebrate. 
I started singing Proud to be an American last night out all proud, haha. Beau just laughs at me, but hey, its true. I love England, love living with the Brits, but truly, I'm an American girl that is excited to see good things for the USA. Happy Inauguration Day USA, I'm waving my flag from abroad! 

....how cute is Jackie O. on the way to Inauguration Day back in 1961, eeek! 

xoxo~Becca 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...