Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Dining in London: Modern Pantry

Last weekend I met up with the ladies I had over for "Girls Night In" for a proper brunch! Yes, correct, a proper one {very British of me to say} I was so excited that all of us decided on The Modern Pantry for brunch because over a year ago when Beau and I visited London we stayed right next door and I fell in love with this spot! The Modern Pantry was just as good as I remembered it the first time. 
Tucked away in St. John's Square, just off of Clerkenwell Road lie this adorable brick building, the home of The Modern Pantry. The building is made up of a a casual cafe, sit down restaurant and a pantry shop where you can buy items like their delicious jams, chutneys and baked goods. The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere filled with sunlight from the huge windows {if we are lucky in London!}. The menu is a mix of classic items with a new and exciting twist. For example a normal every day English muffin comes with Vanilla Gooseberry Jam instead of every day Raspberry {HIGHLY recommended!}
I started brunch with a delicious Raspberry & Rose Bellini! Across from me is a Passion fruit, Banana, Orange & Honey Smoothie....hello lovely! 
It was truly the perfect day for brunch. It was the first day in WEEKS that the sun had been shining and with all of the pretty flowers in the window, it felt like Spring was in the air.
I ordered the fried egg served over grilled corn bread with spicy chorizo and avocado salsa. Correct, this was not Paleo friendly...well the cornbread, but you bet I licked the plate clean. I would order this again it was so amazing!
How about some decadent raspberry ricotta with berry compote and creme fraiche, oh mmmmmm geee! 
On the upper levels they have a few rooms that can be rented out for private parties. I have to say, I can certainly picture hosting a bridal shower or a rehearsal dinner here {hint hint}. The service was good, the food was delicious and the atmosphere of the restaurant I love. It was fun to be back out at a brunch with girlfriends, it got me missing my girls from the States, but now I have a new little chapter of my life.....my UK girls;) Modern Pantry was the perfect place to start brunch dates! 

The Modern Pantry | Location | Ph: 020 7553 9210 | Twitter | Facebook

xoxo~Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...