Friday, October 11, 2013

Wedding Magazine Blog Awards

After being on holiday for 10 days in Bali, attending the Wedding Magazine Blog Awards at the Ritz was the icing on the cake to end the trip! I was so grateful to just be nominated as Best International Wedding Blog after only living abroad for a year, so attending this amazing party was a blast. I know that Wedding Magazine took a lot of professional pictures {will share when they are posted!} but I had to share my snaps from my iPhone with all of you to share in the fun. Urban Flip Flops started out as a little place for me to share my move from DC to FL and has turned into SO much more, {first post HERE, eeekk!} This blog has allowed me to meet some amazing women, help me create my dreams in wedding planning, share my ideas in style, entertaining, cooking, travelling and tips on planning the big day. It was WONDERFUL meeting some of the other ladies from the UK blog world last night. We all got fancied up and drank lots of champagne and chatted about wedding life, which is what we love. Here are a few shots from the night, please excuse some of the quality of the images, but hey, I couldn't resist sharing the fun with you. After all, you voted for me, THANK YOU! 
I was beyond excited to rock my new pouffy tutu! More to come on details on the "the skirt" later on this weekend. I felt like a little Carrie Bradshaw with my tutu, Louboutin's and lots of champagne at the Ritz!
Let's discuss the ladies room at the Ritz, it is heaven;) PINK PINK PINK! I noticed I wasn't the only blogger snapping pics in Barbie's dream house powder room! 
Decadent is how I would describe the beautiful William Kent House at the Ritz London.  The rooms were full of blingy chandeliers every corner you turned. 
Hey there handsome! My Beau, my biggest blogger supporter ever. Love him!!! 
OK, this has to be the worst picture ever, gritty and dark, but I had to share. Mark Francis Vandelli , one of the stars of Britain's cult show Made in Chelsea. I have to be honest, I do not watch the show, but one of girlfriends here LOVE IT, so this snap was for her. Mark is pretty posh for sure and was a great host for the night. 
Congrats to Charley at London Bride for winning best London Blog. Charley's blog is one of my favorites since moving here, well deserved. 
I may have not won {Ummm, I was up against the mecca of all the wedding blogs, Style Me Pretty and the wonderful Pretty Blog} but I had a really lovely evening. 
Thank you to everyone who nominated me! I hope you keep reading and following along on our wedding planning adventures and my ideas and tips to add to your big day! It was lovely meeting b.loved weddings,  bride & glory, Nu Bride, Henry & Flora, Wedding Sparrow, Whiter Than White Weddings and the wonderful editorial team at Weddings Magazine

xoxo - Becca


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Now, to find a reason to visit the Ritz (not that I really need one...)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...