Thursday, October 17, 2013

Why You Do What You Do

Yesterday I received the absolute sweetest card from a couple that I planned their wedding in Miami last October. Janice and Marco celebrated their one year anniversary last week, while on their Hawaiian honeymoon they saved sand and added it to their one year thank you cards, along with the cards a sweet sweet note. When you get a thank you note and sweet messages like this from a client, it makes you forget the long nights of table seating plans, revisions of timelines and getting in touch with vendors. Notes like this make me realize why I like to do what I do, plan and style weddings. Some people think planning weddings is all about picking out table linens and flowers, but no, you create a really close relationship with a couple that is trusting their most important day, in your hands. When the day is over and the bride comes up to you hugging you 101 times and forcing the groomsmen to dance around the wedding planner on the dance floor, oh my, you feel the love. 
 Janice and Marco were an amazing couple to work with since day one. Little petite Janice is a bundle of energy and welcomed me into her life like a girlfriend. Janice had a vision of what she wanted their day to be like full of sparkles, lots of dancing and lots of fun, and oh yes, I think we created it! After months of planning from New Jersey to Miami I found out we were moving to London and freaked out about what Janice may think, however, I could not have asked for a sweeter bride. When I got engaged and moved to London, with a month till her wedding, she was beyond excited for me and completely supportive and trusting that I would still create an amazing weekend for them and well, I hope I did. 
The photo above is from the ceremony captured by Jonathan Scott and it is so sweet and lovely. Marco and Janice are that fun, sweet loving couple that put so much energy into making the day perfect for them and for everyone around them. I love planning weddings because when you get to be a part of a day like this and make suggestions and give ideas for couples to use and remember for the rest of their lives, its a happy and fuzzy feeling. Making happy memories for people, making brides feel like princesses, making their day perfect, its not a bad job at the end of it all. 

Thank you Janice and Marco for trusting me. You two are a wonderful wonderful couple! Congratulations on your first wedding anniversary! Thinking of you. xoxo - Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...