Thursday, November 7, 2013

Engaged!….Now what to plan first?

The reality has finally hit me that we have seven months to go until our wedding day. The save the dates are out in the mail, in 220 days we will be getting married {yippppeee!}.  I am beyond excited but also, I will be honest, I am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed. Juggling work full time, blogging, other projects, working out, keeping in touch, having a social life, wedding planning, it is all just feeling like a lot. While there is so much fun stuff happening, days go by and it starts to feel like, just a lot. Luckily my good friend and wedding planner extraordinaire, Elizabeth Duncan,  gave me some wonderful advice. Enjoy being engaged! Celebrate! When you are ready, step back and look at an overview of what needs to get done. I have a tendency to start planning the little pretty details before I have picked the big items, so Elizabeth came in with some good advice! 

{Image by Michelle March}
With one year away from the wedding I knew we needed to start planning the big things. At first I was so into the cake flavors and the types of flowers that I was overwhelmed with excitement for every detail. Elizabeth gave me this advice on where to start with our wedding one year away, I knew it was useful and wonderful information to share! 



It is such an exciting time! It should also be a fun process! If you are newly engaged and start to get stressed out during planning, take a step back and focus on the big items that should get down first, and then sort the details out later {phase two!}  After those big ticket items get checked off the list, in phase two you can begin organizing the color of the table linens and what specialty cocktail you will be serving! Take a breathe, grab a glass of wine, and start planning. 

Thank you Elizabeth for easing some of my stress away!

xoxo - Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...