Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Engagement Photo Outfits

This weekend Beau, Oliver and I are getting a few engagement pictures taken. Yes, you read correctly, Sir Oliver  will be joining us for a few photos, yippee! We were not going to get engagement pictures because we have been engaged for awhile now, we have had a few couples pictures taken in the past and our amazing wedding photographer Abby Jiu lives in the States. This all changed when the wonderful chance to get some photos taken with my sweet and talented photographer friend Kylee with Kytography came up, I thought, why not! We have had so much going on with work and activities and with planning the wedding, that I am really looking forward to a day out with Beau to take some pictures of us as a couple in our new city, the city we are getting married in! 


Obviously when we decided to get our pictures taken, I started to think about…..what to wear! Being a blogger and working in the wedding business, I look at engagement stories and styled shoots every day. I've decided to not style our shoot and to not have any props, just have the three of us casually out in London, doing what we like together. I think that is important to do something you usually do as a couple, the pictures will turn out classic and memorable. I also think that you should wear something you are comfortable in for your engagement shoot, but also is not too trendy and pretty, classic and pretty is the goal. Engagement photos are a great reason to have photos of the two of you as a couple, but not in your wedding dress. We are going to take pictures in two separate areas of the city, which means I need two separate outfits! 

First Location: Neighborhood Cafe. You can see by this Pinterest board that I love the idea of going to a local cafe, drinking wine and relaxing for some pictures. We love going to our local cafes, drinking coffee, getting diner and wine, so why not use the spot! What do we think about my favorite Tulle skirt with a jean shirt? What do you think?


Second Location: A walk in Hampstead Heath . We love taking Oliver on long walks in this huge park on the weekends. I am thinking of putting some warm wellies on {don't you LOVE these fur liner socks!} and drinking some coffee in the Heath? 

I am also getting my hair and makeup trial on the same day by the amazing Carolanne Armstrong. The style I am going for on our wedding day is a bit natural, polished but with a little chic eye makeup. I think this will be a good excuse to get my makeup trial down in time for the engagement pictures. You can see my inspiration on my Pinterest board here.

So how do you feel about engagement pictures? Are you getting them done? What do you think about the two outfits I have picked out? I would love to hear your thoughts! 

xoxo - Becca 

4 comments:

  1. love the outfits Becca you are going to look amazing as usual :) can't wait to see the photos! Never did engagement shoot with my hubby but kinda regret it now lol will catch up on baby shoots someday! hope to see you before the holiday! S

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute outfit! Love these ideas

    VIsit our blog Unique Wedding Favour Ideas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...