Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Next Generation Wedding Bloggers Shoot


A few months ago I was delighted and surprised to receive the sweetest email from Nicola at Propose PR  asking if I would be interested to be a part of a wedding blogger photo shoot for Wedding Magazine. Me? Little me from Urban Flip Flops blog? I read the list of other bigger bloggers included in the shoot and thought again, me? The American wedding blogger living in London, planning our wedding, working in the weddings industry, in a magazine photo shoot? OK! On an early morning on Thanksgiving day, off we went to the beautiful countryside in East Sussex {picturesque! stunning!}, for a photo shoot at the newly opened Churchgate Porter bridal boutique. I am so excited to be sharing with you the finished product of the WEDDING magazine issue on newsstands now,  flip to page 118 to read the entire story. 
I will mention it again, yes, I was really excited to be part of this shoot with some other wonderfully talented ladies in the wedding blogging world! Moving from the States where the wedding blogging world has exploded, it has been an amazing experience this past year to find lovely established UK wedding blogs sharing new ideas and styles as well. To be considered as part of the new up and coming wedding bloggers in the UK, was just a thrill! The other lovely ladies included in the shoot were: the talented Sara of the gorgeous fine art and film wedding photography site Wedding Sparrow, the sweetest Laura from Festival Brides, the super stylish Marina from Style & the Bride and the lovely Nova from her blog focusing on black brides to be Nu Bride
After arriving at Churchgate Porter we were each able to pick out our own designer gown and then headed into hair and makeup. It was so fun to dress up in a  wedding dress that is so NOT similar to my wedding dress for June! I picked out a London based designer, Charlotte Casadejus, dress called the Margot, which was a ton of fun to wear. The feathers of the dress were my style to add that bit of sparkle and fun to the outfit! I love a big puffy tutu, so why wouldn't I love some layers of feathers. 
I do believe that a lot of brides gain ideas from blogs and that there are a number of different sites out there that are each fit for the certain bride to be. All five us bloggers had a different style but we are all doing the same thing, sharing advice, inspiration and ideas with brides to be for their big day. 
Was it intimidating being all dolled up in front of the camera and knowing it was going to be featured in a magazine for thousands of people to read, yes. However, after thinking I didn't lose enough weight, I didn't have the right smile, my blog wasn't big enough to be featured, I got over it and had a blast. These past few months I have been blogging about more party ideas, more inspiration from my big day and more UK wedding vendors that I find and want to share. I have been worrying less about what others will say and just doing it. So I guess that is how I felt a bit on the day of the shoot, just have fun and do it! 
Sitting here in my "office" {aka: my blue parsons desk by the window in my flat} dressed stylishly in my leggings, slippers and no makeup, makes me want to get all dolled up again! The shoot made me excited for my big day and made me giddy and happy to be a bride to be. I relate to my readers in the case that I am always looking for new inspiration by reading magazines and blogs, seeing the bloggers ideas, style notes and real weddings they feature. I hope by reading my blog you enjoy seeing me as the bride to be and also the blogger. I write a lot about the pretty ideas, but I guess that is because, I believe your wedding day should be a beautiful and personalized day to start off your marriage! Everything about it should be pretty and lovely from the moment you wake up until you exit the reception with your husband! 

 I hope you have enjoyed reading Urban Flip Flops over this past year and half we have been in London! I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on your big day and inspiration for making your wedding that much more sparkly. It has been a roller coaster of adventures for Beau and I this past 18 months, and when I was asked to be featured in a UK wedding magazine, well this was one of the exciting moments to add to our list! Thank you for having me be part of the next generation of UK wedding bloggers, I hope to see you back here soon! 

Thank you to all of the talented wedding professionals who made this day possible: 
Wedding Boutique: Churchgate Porter 
Shoot Location: Churchgate Porter 
Photography: Babb Photo 
Hair: Michael Sampson for Electric Hairdressing London 
PR: Nicola at Propose PR
Nova's Dress: Delphine Manivet
Sara's Dress: Sarah Janks
Laura's Dress: Patrick Casey
Marina's Dress: Anne Bowen 

xoxo- Becca

*I will be back at the end of the week to share a little video of the behind the scenes! 



26 comments:

  1. These pictures are so stunning!! You make a beautiful bride. Can't wait to see pics from the real big day! Congrats on such a great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a gorgeous shoot and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it! Gaaahhhh how amazing was your dress choice...? Very... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you Emma! I LOVED the dress! Amazing. Truly a fun time!

      Delete
  3. Well, looking amazing... Lovely to look at really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a gorgeous wedding and specially photography is just awesome and wedding photographer london looking. Thank you for share it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have a website or you've planned to start out one, there are numerous things that you should be aware regarding. Knowing stay clear of the most prevalent writing a Engaged Bloggers mistakes is actually the initial step throughout generating good quality content of which sticks out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you have a website or you've planned to start out one, there are numerous things that you should be aware regarding. Knowing stay clear of the most prevalent writing a Engaged Bloggers mistakes is actually the initial step throughout generating good quality content of which sticks out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are contemplating wondering that particular person to be able to be a part of your daily life once and for all, Engaged Bloggers among the best and most intimate destinations on the planet needs to be the continent connected with Italia. Electrical power destinations to go to pertaining to the perfect location.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like reading through and subsequent your submit as i locate them really educational and exciting. This kind of submit is usually every bit as educational and also exciting. Thanks pertaining to information anyone recently been putting on doing your site such an exciting.Wedding Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Useful information shared. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk through. I appreciate this post.
    Wedding photography in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, my name's Scott from White Boda Photography. I'm wondering if you're interested in hiring any photographers for your business? If so, take your time and check my stuff out www.whiteboda.com
    Sydney Wedding Photographer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post.Here is beautiful wedding dresses http://www.udressme.co.nz/wedding-dresses.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you are researching your wedding photographer London, a number of factors will influence your final decision. Budget is important to most brides and grooms and finding a price package to fit your budget is important. Dominika miechowska london wedding photographer

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are 100% right about the second shooter as I've seen issues while doing pre wedding shot. I've worked with dozen of professional photographer in London and Foramor is one of the Best Wedding Photographer in London
    because they don't ever compromise with the quality of their services. I highly recommend to work with them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please keep sharing more and more information about this.This is a good information of the fashion licensing articles and really like your site.
    Vintage wedding dress Edinburgh & bridal dresses edinburgh

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the FANTASTIC post! This information is really good and thanks a ton for sharing it :) Indian Bridal Photography in Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Among various genre of photography, one photographic style which is the center of the world attraction now is fine art wedding photography.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer. amazing collections of gowns. thanks for sharing the data.
    Gown on Rent in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your website is very beautiful or Articles. I love it thank you for sharing for everyone. Festival weddings in UK

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing the best information and suggestions, I love your content, and they are very nice and very useful to us. If you are looking for the best Wedding services UK, then visit Englishweddings. I appreciate the work you have put into this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing the wonderful information here, I would like to connect you to connect Best photographers in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...