Monday, November 10, 2014

An Afternoon at Petersham Nurseries

It is officially mid fall here in London. The days have gotten shorter, there is a chill in the air and the summer days full of sunshine that we had in London this year seem years ago at this moment. I was thinking over the summer today and remembered our day out in Richmond that we had, lunch at Petersham Nurseries and then a stop at Kew Garden, it was a truly lovely day! I heard so many wonderful things about the Cafe and was itching to make a trip out to Richmond for the day. We took the overground from Highbury/Islington and were out in Richmond in 45 minutes. What a beautiful spot outside of the city for a Sunday lunch, it certainly is a refuge from the city as it states on its website!
Petersham Nurseries was opened in the 1970's and has been a highly acclaimed nursery and spot to meet friends for lunch for quiet some time since. The nursery includes a restaurant, tea house, shop and of course the garden. Some day when we win the lottery and get our Georgian mansion in Richmond, I am decorating the sun room from top to bottom in items from the shop {hey a girl can dream right!}. 
Sighhhh….the roses! So beautiful! The sun was out when we visited for the day and it was completely picturesque. 
The cafe serves mostly locally sourced items and items from their gardens. Summer is an amazing time to visit with a menu full of delicious produce from the gardens. I had a light summer lunch of pea risotto balls and a peach and prosciutto salad, it was heavenly! The cafe isn't cheap, it certainly is a treat, however I felt that our lunch in the glasshouse was worth every penny spent. 
I felt that I was sitting in the middle of an Anthropologie catalog. The mix match of tables and chairs with the daily picked flowers was such a nice setting. I am pretty in love with the idea of a wedding at the venue
Currently Petersham has a a £28 3 course lunch menu offered during the week, oh how I wish I could meet you there! I would definitely recommend a day out at Petersham Nurseries, it is a lovely escape from the hustle and bustle of London life for the afternoon. I am really tempted to head there during Christmas, it looks so cozy! Anybody up for it? 

xoxo - Becca

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becca you might just see me there. I was thinking this is a trip for when the warm weather returns. But your comment was a great relief as I really didn't want to wait that long. My most recent garden visit was the Physic Garden. See soon, maybe. Marlene.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...