Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wedding Wednesday : Our wedding in a magazine

Last weekend our wedding was published in the national US wedding magazine, The Knot. I have to be honest and silly and admit, it was really fun to see it in a magazine. Listen, I AM the girl who has been reading wedding magazines all of her life. So to open up a magazine and relive the most beautiful day ever, was so much fun. The photos from Abby are gorgeous, the flowers from Jay  and all of the lovely little details we put together looked beautiful.
The spread is only a few pages long, but after spending over a year and a half planning our wedding, it is exciting to see printed in pages. I LOVE the Internet, hello, I am a blogger. I find so much inspiration from bloggers and Pinterest and Instagram and all over the web, however, being able to see such a special memory in print is so special. Knowing that my 92 year old Gramie will able to flip through the pages and see snips of our day makes me happy. 
Some people think it is funny and wonder why you would want to share your wedding day all over the world, such a personal day. Hey, I want to spread the love! Our wedding day was such a fabulous celebration of Mr. Beau and my many years together, our friends and family and I only hope every bride and groom can take a bit of inspiration from us. We planned the majority of our wedding by ourselves and to see the work in a magazine that I can flip through is exciting. 
For me, not only is this feature about our wedding day memories but it is also makes me smile as I step out on a new adventure of my life, career and new business with Glimmer & Threads . My new business is something that has been in the works for so many years and seeing our wonderful wedding day come together, makes me want to do it for so many other couples as well! So to see all of the work and details that I spent so long putting together in a magazine made me excited and proud. Proud of what I'm trying to create and proud of all of the time Mr. Beau and I stayed up late putting things  together for our big day, it was perfect. 

I will be sharing all of the photos in the next months with lots of little thoughts on my biggest advice to enjoy your wedding day like I enjoyed ours! If you are in the States, pick up a copy of the National The Knot issue to see the whole spread! I'm contemplating putting my dress on again and flipping through the pages on the couch;) 

xoxo - Becca

2 comments:

  1. I was a little hesitant to book this place as my reception venue at first because it was more of an unknown place. But the Banquet Halls turned out to be the best choice we made.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...