Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Rebecca's Recipes : Eating All Veggie

For the past few weeks {40 days over Lent to be exact} I was a vegetarian. OK, I will be honest, I did add in a little fish to my diet, so I guess a pescatarian, really. Mostly though my diet has been veggies and grains and I am not going to lie, I didn't mind it at all. I have always loved an abundance of greens and fresh vegetables added to my every day meals, whether it was salads for lunch, sides of greens added to dinner, I have always thought I could live a pretty big amount of my life as a part vegetarian. So I tried it out over Lent and was surprised that I did pretty well. My skin was a bit clearer, I felt a bit more full of energy, my one tip is, be careful what you eat and do not stock up on just carbs carbs carbs. 
Over the past few months I have found some delicious recipes that I had to share. If you are looking to add more veggies to your diet, doing a little detox of meats, processed foods or if you just want to add some new fresh recipes to your diet, I would suggest these recipes below: 

Deliciously Ella Coconut Curry - wow. This recipe had enough servings for almost a week for Mr. Beau and I. It is creamy and SO delicious. You will not miss out on having any type of meat dish with this meal. 

Green Kitchen Stories Ribollita - We made this on a cold winter Sunday which was so lovely and comforting, high recommended. Pretty simple to make and pretty filling and great. 

Green Kitchen Stories Orange & Vanilla Overnight Oats - In their cookbook they have a variety of recipes for overnight oats. I have been making them weekly and adding them to the fridge to enjoy all week.

The Kitchen McCabe Roasted Butternut Squash and Quinoa Salad - A simple recipe that I made on a Sunday and enjoyed for lunch throughout the week. Butternut squash and dried cranberries are a classic dish but always on my list of favs. 


Warm Brown Rice with Cherries and Goat Cheese  - I have yet to make this dish, however it has been on my Pinterest boards of recipes to try. I have a thing for brown rice right now. yep. I do. 

Courgette Pasta with Avocado Cream - Courgette pasta has become quite the thing hasn't it. Well, I can see why, it is easy to make and pretty darn good and oh right, it is SO healthy! 

Happy Cooking! Let me know if you change up your diet for awhile and how it goes. I did splurge on a guilty dinner at Bob Bob Ricard and had Beef Wellington, ok ok, I did, but mostly I have been sticking still to a majority of veggie meals, and its oh so good! 

Happy Cooking! xoxo - Rebecca

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...