Thursday, September 10, 2015

Life In London : Three Years Later

It honestly seems like a lifetime ago that I wrote this post about moving across the pond. So much has happened since we packed up our little yellow house in Florida and made a big move to this amazing city. I loved London when I studied here during a semester abroad, but after living here for almost three years, I tend to fall in love with a new thing here all of the time. From a new boutique, a coffee shop, a quaint street, meeting new friends, new British sayings, life here has been a little adventure. 
Living abroad from my family and friends has challenges no doubt, however life with Facetime and Instagram has seriously changed our life. Mr. Beau and I have had an amazing few years of adventures just the two of us discovering a new city together and life as newlyweds in a new country.

A few of my favorite posts from the city in the past three years: 

Dining Out In London: Bob Bob Ricard {the place to PRESS champagne} | An Afternoon Tea at Sketch | Dining Out In London | The Pig & The Butcher 



The drawing above is a little bit of me right now, my current life and loves. 
I was SO excited after commenting on a fabulous Instagram connection, Floorinthehouse, when she soon after illustrated a LOVELY sketch of me. {Her email is on her Instagram account but in case you do NOT have an account it is: floorinthehouse@gmail.com Oh and you need an Instagram account if you don't have one, come on!}. 
An American girl at heart and will always be, but quite loving the city I am living in and the British culture. I love planning events filled with lots of bubbly and seeing a couple toast to a wonderful marriage and being filled with happiness at the end of the evening. I love filling our flat or a wedding or my desk with overflowing amounts of peonies. I married a fabulous Dutch man, my Mr. Beau and tulips will forever hold a special place in my heart as a favorite flower. Since living in London I have discovered more and more amazing shops for clothes, parties, our flat and the list doesn't end, hence the shopping bags. And entertaining, well yes, that I truly love. I love to cook and make treats and have parties to celebrate them with. I love a lot of healthy, but life is too short not to have a bit of sweet, right? The bow shoes well, you can usually find me wearing these when coordinating an event or wearing my bow slippers on the couch with a glass of vino. I do love a bow!  Floorinthehouse....THANK YOU for my life in London sketch! 

In the next two weeks I will posting a few London themed giveaways, so keep your eyes out for them. Wedding related London events & goodies and healthy British favorites. 

Thank you for following over the last few years! This is an ongoing adventure and while some days I find myself crazed, I always remind myself how lucky we are and how life in London is pretty fabulous. 

Cheers! 

xoxo - Becca

4 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful post on Life in London. I am so glad that you had a great time there. Will and I both love this place. We tied the knot at one of best wedding venues in London and have beautiful and emotional memories attached with this city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful and interested article. Thanks for sharing info.Check Out Best Bars With A View In London

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome that you have built a whole new life in the UK! Over at https://www.evenses.co.uk/ we make sure everyone has a good time with friends and family with professional entertainment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...